10th International Symposium on Root Development
Rooting 2023 aims to bring together scientists in plant developmental biology, agriculture, horticulture, forestry, ecophysiology and biotechnology, with a common interest in root development. It focuses on the development of adventitious, lateral and primary roots as the outcome of genetic control and the plant's interaction with the environment. Based on the tradition of the earlier symposia held in the US, Israel, The Netherlands, Spain, Canada, Germany, Sweden and the UK, the 10th International Symposium on Root Development organized in Ghent, Belgium in 2023 aims to exchange recent knowledge and ideas on fundamental and applied aspects of root induction and further development.
Discover the conference program
Keep me posted
• Cell cycle regulation and cell identity determination in root development
• Genetic control, hormonal regulation and signaling in root development
• Role of nutrients, carbohydrates and metabolic control in root development
• Root-Shoot signaling
• Effects of ontogenesis, age and circadian regulation on root development
• The effects of environmental control and abiotic stress during root development
• Interaction between roots and the soil microbiome
• New tools, model systems and approaches for analyzing root development
• Applied research to improve root development
Follow us on Twitter for the latest news.
Format: A0 (841 x 1189 mm / 33.1 x 46.8 in), portrait orientation.
The best poster will win a poster prize. The best presentation of an early career researcher will be awarded with a presentation prize and a commissioned review article in The Plant Journal!
- Travel Grant deadline: 13 February 2023
- Abstract deadline: 13 March 2023
9000 Ghent, Belgium